Taking the time to meal prep at least once per week is the secret to fat loss. When we have healthy, homemade food ready to eat in a pinch, we make better food choices.
In this video, I review some of the steps to meal prepping, and have outlined them below. I also showcase my FAVOURITE new cookbook in the video - SIBO Family Favourites. For any of you experiencing digestive distress or diagnosed with Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, I highly recommend you check it out. So far, I am LOVING it!
Steps to weekly meal prep
1. At the beginning of week, or on the weekend, make a menu of what you will eat overnight. Make enough so that you can have the leftovers for lunch the next day.
2. Use your favourite cookbook for recipe inspiration. Check out my new cookbook, SIBO Family Favourites.
3. Write our the list of ingredients you will need to purchase from the grocery store.
4. Go purchase groceries (make sure not to go to the grocery store hungry - eat a meal or have a snack first as this eliminates the possibility of you making poorer food choices when you are hungry.
5. Come home, put groceries away, but leave vegetables out. Pre-chop your veggies for the week, and store in tupperware.
6. Make at least 1-2 meals on your meal prep day to keep you going for at least a couple days at the beginning of the week, if not the whole week.
7. Make sure to pre-cook carbs (quinoa, brown rice, roast sweet potato or squash). Make sure to make a batch of protein (could be baked salmon filets, for instance), and pre-chop your veggies, so you can throw it altogether for a quick meal in a pinch!
If you liked this video, please share it! And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter for outdoor fitness trips, recipes, and tips and tricks on everything Stand Up Paddle, & fitness!
Nikki Johnston Beaudoin is an outdoorsy Mountain Mermaid, and the Owner and Operator of Sea to Sky Paddle Fit, based on Ambleside Beach in West Vancouver.